- This event has passed.
Intro to Holster Skills
January 18 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm$150.00 – $225.00
This 3.5 hour intro class is for the student that has little or no training on how to safely draw their firearm from a holster. We will start in the classroom with an overview of what makes a good holster, positions on the body, and an overview of the draw stroke. We will then move to the live fire range, where we will go through a “Crawl-Walk-Run” approach to learning the draw stroke, and get a number of repetitions of a draw to single shot on target. Class will finish up in the classroom with a recap of the learning objectives and a Q&A session. Students should expect to leave this Intro to Holster Skills class with the ability to safely draw their pistol from the holster, fire it, and return the firearm safely to the holster.
This is not a concealment course, so all holster work will be done with holsters in the open. Inside the waist band and appendix inside the waist band holsters will be permitted so long as they are of a safe design.
- Handgun that is operable and safe
- 100 rounds of ammunition
- Ear and eye protection
- Note Taking material
- Holster that fits your handgun
- Holsters that use the trigger finger to deactivate a retention device such as the Blackhawk SERPA style holsters are not permitted
- Soft sided nylon or leather inside the waist band holsters that cannot remain open on their own are not permitted
- Holsters that do not cover the trigger guard are not permitted
With advance notice, loaner pistols and holsters are available for use during the class.